Sunday, August 16, 2015

Making it happen


I have a saying – if you want something done, give it to a busy person.  Sometimes I have something to do and a whole day to do it in, and mysteriously wait to the last five minutes to get it done.  If it’s not urgent, it can take a week (I don’t know if I am meant to confess this in New York, it might get me thrown out!)


But give me something urgent to do,  better yet,  give me 2 urgent and 7 other things to do,  and I just power on through.  I’m a list lover from way back – I create lists, annotate my lists, rearrange them, really they are works of art – and then, I buckle down and get through them.   So if there is something you want to do, start with a list, and give yourself a deadline, even an artificial one, and then watch it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment