Monday, February 2, 2015

Groundhog Day


 
I wasn’t born or raised in the US, so my first introduction to the idea of Groundhog Day came from the excellent movie with Bill Murray – Groundhog Day.    
It has become one of my all-time favorite movies, because it seems to say something so important about love and life. What if you had to live the same day, over and over - what would you do? Who would you become? And if someone got to see me 10,000 times (or how many times that day actually happened) would he just fall more and more in love with me?  It felt like the most amazing love story, but full of weirdness and laughter and existential angst.  Really, a perfect movie!  If you are doing nothing else tonight, I encourage you to watch it, it’s a rare, perfect jewel of a film.


PS According to this years groundhog,  we have 6 more weeks of winter.  No surprises there!

No comments:

Post a Comment